Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God is Big

So a little bit of background. We have this family in our church, all involved in our music team and very talented, non more so that the middle child (not quite a child now, hes like 16 or something). We will call him B, so B is very talented guitarist and used to play in our youth band and the church band. long story short, a few things lead to B disconnecting from church life about a year or so ago, although he still calls in occasionally he is lost in some pretty dodgy stuff at this point. So we have a new(ish) leader in our team who after B called into church one day really felt called to pray and interceed for B regularly so he did.(even though he had only breifly met him)
A couple of weeks go by and that particular leader is driving and stops to pick up a guy who was hitchhiking, and the guy turns out to be B. Odds of that in a city of 1.4 million, not like they both live near each other or anything because they dont. Totally Gods divine appointment. God is amazing.

3 comments:

  1. I love it when things seem not the way they should be... and then we are blessed with a peek into Our Big Amazing God's work ... who is in fact in the midst of such times! Praying that B will find his way 'home'. Thanks for coming by my blog today (even if I did accidentally post a Wednesday post on a Tuesday!) =) oops!
    Just Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post...so glaf that I stopped by

    I have a few free hours to visit new blogs and catch up with friends... One of my favorite past times. Hope you will stop by mine. This is my ONE YEAR Blog Anniversary and there are LOTS of prizes everyday this week and next....I am celebrating the entire month.
    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. (show us your life-your ministry) The title of your entry drew my attention right away. I last my only (older) brother to suicide in May 2009. I have been feeling so alone and missing him like CRAZY lately. I am also a strong Christian and I know that God knows my pain, but I've been praying for Him to place someone in my life that can identify with my pain. I have friends that have lost siblings, but not this way. It's so hard. I'm so thankful that I found your blog. You are such an encouragement to me. I am married and I have a 17 month old son who will never know my brother. It BREAKS my heart into pieces knowing that he'll never know David. I think of him EVERY day, and sometimes life just seems so hard without him. It's hard being strong every waking minute and not letting it get to me. You can check out my blog @ www.swonderful2beme.blogspot.com I mainly blog about my son. It's hard to talk to my parents and blog about my brother, because I don't want to worry them or stress them out. They have enough to be concerned with as it is. I know that as hard as it is to go through this...I am NOT alone. God is with me. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete